Searching the South Coast of NSW to find a wedding venue? The South Coast offers one of the most diverse collections of wedding venues in NSW. From sun soaked white sand beaches to picturesque country landscapes, there's a feast of stunning wedding locations to be found on the South Coast, and we've got them all listed below.
If you want to make a weekend of your wedding you’re searching in the right place! The South Coast has a huge variety of destination wedding venues and all the accommodation you’ll need for your entire entourage. Most of the wedding venues listed below provide accommodation onsite and some can even accommodate your entire wedding guest list. The only question is, in which of the South Coast's most beautiful locations will you get married?
We've curated the best South Coast wedding venues to make it easy to find the perfect place to get married. From wineries and hotels to farms and resorts, find the best wedding venues on the South Coast of NSW with these 18 shortlists.
The South Coast has heaps of wedding venues that offer accommodation within walking distance of their ceremony and reception locations. Here are two popular locations, or for more options view all South Coast wedding venues with accommodation.
- Address: 2395 Princes Hwy, Bewong, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 130
- Info: 160 acre waterfront wedding venue within temperate bushland on the Bewong River. Wedding packages from $5,000 include venue hire of the function centre and adjoining marquee. BYO catering and drinks. Riverside ceremonies and bungalows that accommodate 38 guests make this an ideal all-in-one spot for 3 day weddings on the South Coast.
- Address: Kater Rd, Sutton Forest, NSW 2577
- Capacity: 20 - 250
- Info: With meticulously maintained grounds and a stunning ballroom, Peppers Manor House is the ideal location for elegant or black tie weddings. The gardens are perfect for romantic wedding ceremonies there's B&B accommodation for 100+ guests. Wedding packages start at $170 per person.
From coastal locations to inland resorts, the South Coast has an eclectic selection of wedding venues that are emerged in or, surrounded by native bushland. Here are two favourites, or explore the entire shortlist of South Coast bush venues.
- Address: 101 Willinga Rd, Bawley Point, NSW 2539
- Capacity: 150
- Info: Secluded, lake front wedding venue surrounded by South Coast bushland. The retreat offers ceremonies and receptions in the one location and a function centre and dome marquee are available to hire with wedding packages. Minimum spend for exclusive use of the venue is $10,000 and up to 44 guests can stay in onsite accommodation.
- Address: 246 Tathra Rd, Tathra, NSW 2550
- Capacity: 150
- Info: On the far South Coast, Kianinny is an affordable wedding venue where the entire 150+ guest list can stay in self-contained bush cottages. Two covered pavilions provide a choice of reception venues and ceremonies can be held in a bush setting or on the lake pontoon. Wedding packages are less than $90 per person and the venue offers plenty of entertainment for a weekend stay including zip lining, archery, put putt, tennis and volleyball.
▹ View all bush wedding venues on the South Coast
With a coastline spanning more than 400km, the South Coast has a diverse and plentiful supply of fresh air and open countryside. From farms to wineries to secluded bushland resorts, we've put together a shortlist of the 18 best country venues on the South Coast. Here's two completely different options to consider:
- Address: 3546 Princes Hwy, Pambula, NSW 2549
- Capacity: 40 - 300
- Info: Oaklands Event Centre is one of the largest wedding venues on the South Coast. The rustic shed caters for wedding receptions of up to 300 guests with packages from $70 per person. An adjacent beer barn is ideal for post wedding recovery events and the farm's homestead is the perfect spot to get ready and have a ceremony in the garden.
- Address: 407D Bendeela Rd, Kangaroo Valley, NSW 2577
- Capacity: 90
- Info: Eco friendly wedding venue in secluded South Coast bushland offering complete privacy and peace. Cliff top wedding & elopement ceremonies with marquee receptions in a light filled pavilion. DIY & BYO wedding packages include venue hire from $4,000.
▹ View all country wedding venues on the South Coast
Small weddings and elopements of 2 - 60 guests are well catered for on the South Coast. The region offers private homes, micro farms, luxury villas and more which you can find on our complete list of small South Coast wedding venues. Here's two options to consider:
- Address: 18 Wire Ln, Berry, NSW 2535
- Capacity: 30
- Info: Bundara Farm is a micro wedding venue for a maximum of 30 guests with accommodation for everyone on the property. Wedding packages start at $9,800 for 3 day minimum hire. Organise your own catering, drinks and all other wedding suppliers. The property offers a unique variety of locations for weddings & receptions including stables and a wisteria deck in the garden.
- Address: 30 Staples St, Shoalhaven Heads, NSW 2535
- Capacity: 20 - 80
- Info: Bangalay Villas is one of the most luxurious stay-and-play wedding venues on the South Coast. Located on the beachfront, wedding ceremonies can be held on the sand or alternatively, in the manicured gardens. Wedding reception packages start at $5,000 and include exclusive hire of the restaurant. 16 poolside villas provide accommodation for guests and there's an onsite day spa and golf.
▹ View all small South Coast wedding venues
The South Coast has many waterways from the Shoalhaven River to lakes and dams. It's also coastal of course, and offers a long stretch of beaches and cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Explore the 18 best waterfront wedding venues on the South Coast. The following two venues make the shortlist.
- Address: 72 Golf Avenue, Mollymook, NSW 2539
- Capacity: 220
- Info: An absolute beachfront wedding location with ceremonies on the white South Coast sand and receptions enjoying uninterrupted views over the ocean. Budget wedding venue with reception packages from $117 per person.
City Beach Function Centre
- Address: 1 Marine Dr, Wollongong, NSW 2500
- Capacity: 420
- Info: Affordable function centre with all inclusive wedding packages from $99 per person. The venue is located on Wollongong City Beach and offers wedding receptions with views over the ocean. One of the cheapest venues for a beachfront wedding reception on the South Coast.
▹ View all waterfront wedding venues on the South Coast
The South Coast offers two main types of barns and sheds for weddings. There's refurbished sheds that retain their rustic wrought iron features and exposed wooden beams. And there's modern barns which have been purpose built for events in recent years and offer the kind of blank canvas that delights wedding stylists. We've got both types on our shortlist of the South Coast's best wedding barns. These two are fine examples of what a renovated and repurposed barn venue looks like...
- Address: 24 Clyde Ridge Rd, Morton, NSW 2538
- Capacity: 130
- Info: This aptly named South Coast wedding venue happens to be a barn, located on a ridge. And the ridge affords spectacular views over the surrounding green slopes and countryside. Offering a unique mix of rustic character and modern charm, the barn is perfect for DIY wedding receptions. Wedding packages start at $10,000 including venue hire, exclusive use of the entire 55 acres and BYO catering & alcohol.
- Address: 601 Princes Hwy, Yallah, NSW 2530
- Capacity: 150 - 350
- Info: This renovated shearing shed has been repurposed as a DIY wedding venue with wooden floors and exposed beams providing the ideal backdrop for relaxed, rustic weddings. Wedding packages include venue hire with food and drinks exclusively catered by Fine Spun Catering. This South Coast reception venue is conveniently located 20 minutes south of Wollongong.
▹ View all barn wedding venues on the South Coast
Most rustic wedding venues in Australia are barns and sheds situated on repurposed farmland, but the South Coast offers a slightly more unique variety. From award winning gardens to tree top eco retreats, here's an amazing shortlist of 14 rustic wedding venues on the South Coast. Check out the unique wedding accommodation offered by Worrowing below.
- Address: 81 The Wool Rd, Worrowing Heights, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 180
- Info: Historic 250 acre coastal farm with 12+ ceremony locations and 2 reception venues centred around manicured gardens and dams. Weddings can be held in the hay shed and a larger refurbished shed is a light filled space that's perfect for self styled wedding receptions. Packages start at $10,500 and exclusive use of the property for weddings is available with accommodation bookings for 40 guests in unique boat sheds & wilderness huts.
- Address: 571 Woollamia Rd, Woollamia, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 100 Bunyah, Outdoors
- Info: One of the most unique wedding venues on the South Coast is the tree top Bunyah at Paperbark Camp. The restaurant caters for sit down wedding receptions from $10,000 and ceremonies can be held in a bush or waterfront location. Exclusive weekend hire available with accommodation bookings for up to 40 guests in the permanent eco-friendly safari tents.
▹ View all rustic South Coast wedding venues
Most South Coast venues that offer BYO packages enable you to hire the venue, choose your own caterers and bring your own alcohol. Some venues require you to utilise preferred caterers while others allow food trucks or 3rd party providers to use the onsite commercial kitchen. Get the full run down on our shortlist of 12 BYO wedding venues on the South Coast. These two goodies let you BYO alcohol + have your choice of caterers.
- Address: 111 Terara Rd, Terara, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 100
- Info: Driftwood Shed is a unique 100 year old rustic shed filled with fascinating old-world wares. It sits next to a white marquee and adjoining lawns creating the perfect spot for relaxed outdoor wedding receptions. Wedding packages include venue hire with BYO alcohol & catering. Ceremonies can be held on the Shoalhaven River at the back of the property and there's accommodation for 6 onsite.
- Address: 7277 Illawarra Hwy, Sutton Forest, NSW 2577
- Capacity: 30 - 200
- Info: Hillview Heritage Estate is an historic Vice Regal Retreat built in 1882. The location enjoys magnificent views over the valley and waterways below and is a stunning location for wedding ceremonies. Receptions can be held outdoors or in the estate's dining room. 8 Cottages provide on site accommodation for guests and you bring your own caterers and drinks.
▹ View all BYO wedding venues on the South Coast
There's a huge difference in the range of packages offered by DIY venues on the South Coast. The most DIY of DIY packages enable you to hire the venue for your exclusive use to organise your wedding using whatever suppliers you like. The least DIY packages provide catering packages to choose from but let you style the venue however you like.
The commonality in DIY venues is that they all offer a blank canvas reception space that can be decorated in your chosen wedding theme. Here's two venues that are fully DIY. The rest can be found on our complete list of DIY wedding venues on the South Coast.
- Address: 330 Comerong Island Rd, Terara, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 150
- Info: At Figbird Cottage, stunning rose gardens border the largest European marquee on the South Coast. Wedding receptions can also be held on the lawns outside the marquee and there's plenty of places in the gardens for ceremonies surrounded by the relaxed pace of farm life. Affordable wedding packages include venue hire from $3,500 per day or $6,000 for 3 days/2 nights. The price includes 2 nights accommodation in two cottages for 8+ guests and BYO ffood trucks & drinks.
- Address: Booderee National Park, Ellmoos Rd, Jervis Bay, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 20 - 200
- Info: Historic homestead and wedding venue on the edge of Sussex Inlet waterway. Ideal budget-friendly location for private wedding ceremonies and outdoor receptions on the spacious waterfront lawns. Exclusive hire of the venue starts at $2,800 including a weekend stay in 5 self-contained units. One of the few private properties on the South Coast that can be booked as a wedding venue. Fully DIY & BYO. Marquees are allowed.
▹ View all DIY wedding venues on the South Coast
Having your wedding venue to yourself without strangers to spectate or interrupt proceedings, lends a relaxed atmosphere to your wedding day. These 13 exclusive-use wedding venues on the South Coast offer exactly that. Here's two from the list that offer completely private ceremony and reception locations.
- Address: 139 Princes Hwy, Gerringong, NSW 2534
- Capacity: 180
- Info: Enquire more than 18 months in advance to secure a date at this popular Gerringong wedding venue. The light-filled, purpose built barn at Seacliff House is surrounded by lush farmland with spectacular views over rolling green pastures to the ocean. Venue hire starts at $8,000 with a choice of additional food & beverage packages. There's also a choice of accommodation on the property including a brand new luxury farmhouse.
- Address: 562 Nowra Rd, Moss Vale, NSW 2577
- Capacity: 120 Gardens, Hay Shed
- Info: Boutique wedding venue on private 90 acre farm with 6 ceremony locations to choose from. The stunning landscaped gardens and extensive regional views offer incredible opportunities for wedding photos. The reception venue is an elegantly transformed hay shed which retains its rustic origins. Wedding packages include venue hire from $5,000.
Wineries offer an elegant and picturesque location for weddings. Here's two popular vineyards from our shortlist of the South Coast's best winery wedding venues.
- Address: 2845 Tathra-Bermagui Rd, Bermagui, NSW 2546
- Capacity: 180
- Info: 200 acre winery and wedding venue nestled between South Coast beaches & national park. The elevated reception venue offers sweeping views of the surrounding landscape and the grounds provide several spots for wedding ceremonies. Wedding packages start at $8,000 and provide access to a private farmhouse and seperate cottage.
- Address: 11 Willowvale Rd, Gerringong, NSW 2534
- Capacity: 100 - 200
- Info: Wedding ceremony and reception venue amongst the vines with spectacular views across the South Coast countryside and mountains to the ocean. The function centre provides an ideal blank canvas for rustic wedding receptions.
▹ View all winery wedding venues on the South Coast
From clear roofed marquees that enable you to dance under the stars to rustic teepee bars with festoon lighting and a festival ambience, the South Coast just might be the capital of marquee wedding venues in NSW. Here's our list of the top 8 marquee wedding venues on the South Coast. Here's two of the more urban options amongst a raft of rural diamonds...
- Address: 56 Tongarra Rd, Albion Park, NSW 2527
- Capacity: 200
- Info: Wedding venues at this romantic Georgian manor house include a conservatory, adjoining courtyard and marquee. 3 acres of classic gardens provide a stunning setting for wedding ceremonies with a mountain backdrop.
- Address: 31 Shoalhaven St, Kiama, NSW 2533
- Capacity: 200
- Info: The Sebel Hotel is a stunning coastal venue offering garden weddings and marquee receptions overlooking Kiama Harbour. An affordable wedding venue with packages from $119/pp and a minimum spend of $11,600. A great spot to stay after the wedding with accommodation onsite and plenty of nearby attractions.
▹ View all marquee wedding venues on the South Coast
If you're looking for a garden venue or somewhere you can dine on long tables in the great outdoors, this is the shortlist for you: 14 Best Outdoor Wedding Venues on the South Coast. Here's a couple of options you can stamp your style on:
- Address: 947 Old Hwy, Corunna, NSW 2546
- Capacity: 100+
- Info: Family run boutique winery located on the shores of Corunna Lake on the South Coast. Budget friendly waterfront weddings that are off the beaten track. You will not find Tilba Valley Winery on the usual list of South Coast wedding venues, and hence, weddings here are quite unique.
Weddings in the Wilde
- Address: 71 Ryans Ln, Wildes Meadow, NSW 2577
- Capacity: 200
- Info: Secluded wedding venue surrounded by native Australian bushland on the South Coast. Ideal place for relaxed, outdoor weddings with a unique log chapel & wood floor marquee. BYO wedding packages include affordable venue hire from $7,000 + budget friendly accommodation for the entire guest list to stay the weekend. Late curfew.
▹ View all outdoor wedding venues on the South Coast
Small farms, big farms, working farms and flower farms - here's 8 farm venues on the South Coast that are perfect for relaxed and fun weddings. The following two Shoalhaven wedding venues top the shortlist with other options including farms in Jervis Bay, Ulladulla and Pambula on the far South Coast.
- Address: Galls Lane, Berry, NSW 2535
- Capacity: 130 Shed, Farm
- Info: Willow Farm is a 160 acre wedding venue on lush green paddocks. A rustic entertainment shed offers the perfect location for DIY & BYO wedding receptions and there's a choice of great spots including creek frontage for wedding ceremonies. Stay for the weekend with beds for 10 guests. Venue hire starts at $10,000.
- Address: 174 Millbank Rd, Terara, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 50 - 180
- Info: Terara park is a 22 acre horse farm that offers affordable weddings from under $80 per person. The dam and overhanging jetty provide an idyllic spot for laid back wedding ceremonies while the converted indoor arena barn is perfect for rustic wedding receptions. 4 units are available to sleep 12 guests onsite.
▹ View all farm wedding venues on the South Coast
Want to bring your dog or horse or a fluffy floral-wreath wearing llama to your wedding? You'll need to have your ceremony at one of these pet-friendly wedding venues on the South Coast. Here's a couple of options to get your search started...
- Address: 1 Ferguson Cres, Mittagong, NSW 2575
- Capacity: 150
- Info: Fitzroy Inn is a pet friendly wedding venue on 5 acres of manicured gardens. Wedding receptions are held in the restaurant and adjoining marquee and there's boutique accommodation for 30 guests in the historic guest house. The entire property is available for exclusive venue hire.
- Address: 916 Old Hume Hwy, Alpine, NSW 2575
- Capacity: 145
- Info: Growwild wildflower farm offers 25 picturesque and colourful garden acres and provides a number of wedding locations including a barn & permanent marquee. A budget friendly wedding venue where you can BYO alcohol & catering and hire the grounds for your exclusive use. A registered sanctuary with the Wildlife Land Trust.
There's no wedding quite so picture perfect as a garden wedding. Here's a shortlist of the best garden wedding venues on the South Coast for both ceremonies and receptions. The following two garden venues are most likely to have availability for last minute weddings.
- Address: 10 Coolaroo Pl, Berry, NSW 2535
- Capacity: 60
- Info: Small wedding venue at a private cottage surrounded by picturesque South Coast farmland. Suitable for intimate garden weddings and marquee receptions. The property also has a dining room for micro wedding receptions and sleeps 4 onsite.
- Address: 135 Terara Rd, Terara, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 120
- Info: 5 acres of stunning gardens on the Shoalhaven River are an idyllic setting for waterfront wedding ceremonies. A permanent oversized love sign is a must-do photo opportunity there's a barn or greenhouse for indoor ceremonies and receptions. Wedding packages include venue hire from $10,000.
▹ View all garden wedding venues on the South Coast
What kind of glamping wedding do you want? A luxury experience in semi-permanent safari tents? A glamping village with all wedding guests staying with you? Or a romantic wedding night in a glamping set up for two? Here's two venues that offer the option of wedding night glamping or search all South Coast glamping venues.
- Address: Ellmoos Road via Booderee National Park, Jervis Bay, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 200
- Info: Coastal wedding venue with its own private beach. The Cove is the ideal wedding location for a weekend getaway. There's a 7 room house plus cabins onsite and the option for additional guests to glamp. Wedding packages include dry venue hire from $10,000. BYO caterers and drinks.
- Address: Millbank Rd, Terara, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 100
- Info: A secluded wedding venue in the Shoalhaven woodlands. The 13 acre property is available for exclusive weekend hire with wedding packages from $5,000. An onsite homestead sleeps 20 + there's an option for glamping.
▹ View all glamping wedding venues on the South Coast
Blank canvas wedding venues offer the opportunity to put your own unique styling touches to your wedding ceremony and reception. From cheap wedding venues that look a million dollars with a little styling (hello surf club below) to bespoke venues with blank white walls, explore the best blank canvas wedding venues on the South Coast. Here's two vastly different alternatives...
- Address: 4 Farrant Ave, Culburra Beach, NSW 2540
- Capacity: 130
- Info: Coastal wedding venue with affordable hall hire from $2,200. Wedding ceremonies can be held in front of the surf club on Culburra Beach. BYO catering & drinks and style the clubhouse in any wedding theme.
- Address: 58 Washburton Rd, Ulladulla, NSW 2539
- Capacity: 150
- Info: Cupitts is a well known wedding venue and boutique winery on the South Coast. The farm style venue also has a brewery, fromagerie and cottage accommodation for 4. Weddings enjoy rural views across the vineyard to Burrill Lake. Ceremony packages start at $1,500 and all-inclusive wedding receptions in the restaurant from $12,500.
For the full list of 74 South Coast Wedding Venues, plus all the info on accommodation & onsite features grab yourself a copy of The Complete List of 74 South Coast Wedding Venues below.